Thursday, March 11, 2010

Zee Avi loves Patrick Keeler

                      Click here for maniac brownies


I've been listening to this album for about a year now and I'm not sick of it at all. If you're into the sort of stuff that Cat Power makes, then this is for you. Wait... that is the laziest comparison I've ever made. I'm sorry.

I'm very particular about girls and acoustic guitars because for every one Julie Doiron there are one hundred and fifty nine million crappy broads who you'd bang if it wasn't for their crappy, corny tunes. Yes... I'm a god damned snob.

If you're confused about why I titled this post the way I did, I'll explain. Zee Avi owes her  current career to the keen ears of Patrick Keeler, drummer for the Greenhornes and that awful musical debacle; The Raconteurs. Apparently, he caught one of her youtube videos and was smitten enough to mention it to White Stripes manager; Ian Montone. Long story short: Lucky ladies make good records. Hey, there's even a cover of Morrissey's "First of the gang to die" here and it ain't bad.

I've heard "bitter heart" the last two times I went to Ikea. Speaking of that Swedish retailer, I'm kind of sick of people that hate on it. Where else am I going to get a great cutting board at such a low price? Jeez!

No comments: