Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Strokes are tight!

http://sharebee.com/14c252bc
Click here to prevent Albert from cutting his hair.


Let the haters line up to knock this down, but The Strokes may be one of the tighest bands on the planet. I've seen them live a few times and their shows are played so precisely that in most cases it's impossible to tell if they're actually playing their instruments and not just popping in a CD over the PA system. The only real proof you have is the whole getting your face blown off thing every time Nick and Albert trade off on their solos.

This offering isn't any different. This session was recorded in Australia at the Triple J studios in July of 2001. It is their first record played in it's entirety just for you. Bitches.

PS. If you are one of the aforementioned Strokes haters...ask yourself why? Really. The number one reason I hear for people disliking them is wrapped up in the following quote that I heard from the artist while I was getting a tattoo in 2001

"I hate those guys...stupid rich boy pussies. That's why I like the Hives."

No comments: