Monday, January 21, 2008

Kings of Leon sure are skinny.

http://sharebee.com/2506ea84
Click here to grow a handlebar moustache...with streamers.

Do you remember when the Strokes embarked on the Room on fire tour and life was just awesome? They brought these guys along for the ride and aren't we all so glad they did? When we first heard the Youth and Young Manhood record, weren't we all a little bit like "what the hell is this southern guy saying?"

We didn't stop playing it did we? Of course not because they were damn great! I have mixed feelings about their latest album, but I'd still recommend it to anyone looking for a rockin' great time.

This offering is from a 2006 concert. The sound is awesome and so are the selection of tunes. Enjoy it and be sure to thank the original taper before you fall asleep tonight and dream of sharks with arms that do nothing but listen to NPR news. I don't actually know what I'm talking about, so I'm gonna go now.

1 comment:

andy said...

many thanks for this boot...I love these guys, yeah, even "because of the times". Also, I enjoy the concert from The Black Keys posted earlier...as far as my favorite modern guitarist, damn that's a tough one, depends where my "musical tastes" are hanging at the time. Right now, I'm in awe of guitarists who make it look so easy yet sound sooo nasty, like Mr. Auerbach and J. White...but wait...there's my Hadden Sayers...oh,oh, and Nels Cline...and...ah hell, my head's startin to hurt.
Anyway, I'm glad to have stumbled across your blog. Keep up the good work.

andy